javascript:void(0)

Saturday, July 5, 2008

The book launch


Last night, July 4th, we had an intimate gathering of about a hundred people at the book launch of The Best of MarketingRx.


PowerBooks Greenbelt 4 in Makati was the venue. It was a double celebration: our book launch and my Dad's birthday! Tingting, my Mom, sisters (except Elaine who just sold out her paintings at a recent exhibit in Malaysia) and my godsons were there. Friends, readers and our Salt & Light Ventures staff were all there too.


I was one happy dude, to say the least. Sandy Prieto-Romualdez, our publisher, and Margie Espino, our editor, graced the affair. Sandy, Margie, my Dad (Dr Ned) and I all gave short talks before signing our books for the guests.


I'll share one thing I said about my Dad who had at least two rules in the Roberto household: Think! and Speak up! (i.e. have the balls to go against the flow and speak your mind in truth...don't let anyone's b.s. get in the way of your dreams...).

"My Dad gave us the space and the wings to fly to achieve our dreams and the balls to be able to bounce back from our failures."

It was my father who not only gave us his good name but gave us the guts (the balls) and the freedom to fly and not be afraid to fail.

Thanks Dad and Happy Birthday!!

No comments: