javascript:void(0)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Watsons vs Mercury Drug - Round 1

Last weekend, I was buying some meds for my wife. While I was at it, I decided to buy this sinus/anti-allergy med that I like because, well, it works on me and it's natural. I bought this drug at Watson's the last few times around. I started buying stuff at Watson's because the lines are much shorter compared to Mercury.

When I showed the service staff the last piece of that med that I wanted, they didn't know what it was. I asked them if they had it on stock, and they said 'no.' I asked them, if they knew the name, and they said 'no.'

"So that's why it's not on stock, because you don't know what it is?"

Didn't mean to be bitchy, just wanted to know the difference.

I talked to the supervisor and she tried to decipher the name from the single piece of med that was left with me. (You cant' read the name from the piece that was left over.)

About 3 or 4 of them tried to figure out. You could just see two or three letters and of course the actual light green tablet.

When they started berating me for not saving the receipt and the name, that's when I decided to skip out of there and in my head, say to myself, "let's see if the folks at Mercury can do their jobs better..."

"Miss, do you know what this is?"

1 - 2 - 3

"Sinupret.
...How many do you want?"

True enough, within three seconds the Mercury lady was able to identify what I wanted.

Round 1 goes to Mercury via a knockout!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, nice one. Yeah, the lines at Mercury Drug tend to get really long and they don't all have a queue system (numbers). It does seem as if the pharmacists at Mercury know their jobs better.

Ardy Roberto said...

Thanks Marie. I don't mind the longer lines at Mercury. They do move faster than in Watson's. At least in Greenbelt. I like the way Watson's always has some sort of package sale for their generic products. I am a sucker for their econo size hair produts.

Grey said...

That's really nice! It simply means that people from Mercury know their stuff. They are competent enough in what they are doing. Let's not speak about Watson's lest it melts my skull.